Microsoft Surface Pre Order – Buy Now!
[ Pre order Microsoft Surface now! (US Orders) ]
Microsoft Surface Pre Order information is now available! Starting today at 12PM ET, you can pre-order a Microsoft Surface in eight countries via the Microsoft Store! So far, only the Windows RT version of the Microsoft Surface tablet is available. As soon as the Microsoft Surface Pro is available, We’ll let you know. We learned of the pre-order news via this email from Microsoft:
Want to stay completely up-to-date on the latest
See More. Share more. Do more. With Surface.
Pricing for the 32GB Microsoft Surface RT starts at $499 without the Touch Cover. If you want the Touch Cover, add $100 ($599). If you want the 64GB Microsoft Surface RT with the Touch Cover, this will cost you $699. While I wish the Touch Cover was included in the $499 price, I am happy that the entry level Microsoft Surface starts at the same price as the Apple iPad. See complete pricing details and technical specifications for the Microsoft Surface RT below.
[ Also Read: Windows 8 Tablet Comparison Chart ]
Microsoft Surface Pre Order, Price, and Specs
Below is the current pre order pricing and tech specs for the Microsoft Surface RT.
- Microsoft Surface RT Price (with 32GB, without Touch Cover): $499
- Microsoft Surface RT Price (with 32GB, with Touch Cover): $599
- Microsoft Surface RT Price (with 64GB, with Touch Cover): $699
- OS: Windows RT, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2
- EXTERIOR: Dimensions: 10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 in • Weight: Less than 1.5 lbs • Casing: VaporMg • Color: Dark Titanium • Physical buttons: Volume, Power
- STORAGE: 32 GB • 64 GB
- DISPLAY: Screen: 10.6″ ClearType HD Display • Resolution: 1366 x768 • Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (widescreen) • Touch: 5-point multi-touch
- CPU: Chip: NVIDIA T30 • System memory: 2 GB RAM
- WIRELESS: Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) • Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- BATTERY: Up to 8 hours mixed activity • 7-15 days idle life
- CAMERAS: Two 720p HD cameras, front and rear-facing
- VIDEO: Two microphones
- AUDIO: Stereo speakers
- PORTS: Full-size USB 2.0 • microSDXC card reader • Headphone jack • HD video out port • Cover port
- SENSORS: Ambient light sensor • Accelerometer • Gyroscope • Magnetometer
- WARRANTY: 1-year limited hardware warranty
APPS (included): Mail • Messaging • Word • Power Point • Excel • OneNote • SkyDrive • Internet Explorer 10 • Bing • Music • Video • Games • and more.
Which Microsoft Surface Should You Buy?
I ordered the Microsoft Surface RT with 32GB and the Touch Cover. I also order the Type Cover. I didn’t get the the 64GB since I’m guessing I won’t need all of that storage. I can always add storage via the SD card slot. Which Microsoft Surface should you buy? That depends on whether you need full compatibility with Windows 8 Pro or if the Windows RT apps will suit your needs. I plan to also order the Microsoft Surface Pro. Once I have both devices in hand, I can tell you which Surface device you should order.
Below is a new video for the Microsoft Surface. Continue Reading…
About the Author
- Microsoft Surface
- Microsoft Surface Price
- Release Date
- Windows 8 Tablets
- Windows RT